Specifications, Availability and Pricing
For once I get a specifications chart that is as descriptive as I like to be about the components. Even if you have no idea what any of this means, you still know what to look for in Google without having to peel the mouse apart to find out. The MS-3 uses the WT6573 from Weltrend as the microprocessor and offers 512 kb of onboard flash. The Avago ADNS laser sensor (A9500) can track 5.1m/sec of speed at 30 g acceleration. This mouse also offers a range of DPI from 90 to 5670 and offers adjustable polling rates. The mouse is also pretty light weight at only 127 grams, but is one of the largest mice I have ever tested.
Things you won't find in the chart are things like the software package, the aesthetics and support of the MS-3, and there is no mention of the functionality that this mouse offers over the basic mice. The software will allow you to use three profiles, set most of the functions of the mouse, adjust the coloration of the LED lighting, record basic Macros, as well as offering you a support link right out of the software window. The looks of the MS-3 are much like others with the use of flat rubberized coatings that we have seen many times, even the parts that illuminate are pretty usual. What is a bit off the wall is the full hand support that the MS-3 brings. There are grooves and form fitting parts that take your whole hand and fully support it with this design. Then you have the fact that above the usual button offerings, the MS-3 brings a mute button, a pair of DPI selection buttons, a profile button, and an Instant Aim button that is much like a "sniper" button an any other mouse.
On this side of the pond, what I am finding is that there is only one location currently offering the MS-3. While I am sure the shelf is stocked to the top, Newegg is the only place I can find to buy this. With a price of $79.99, they are asking top dollar, and you do still need to add $5 for shipping. There are a lot of mice on the market that are a lot cheaper, but to compare mice up front, we are looking at ones like the Theron, Level 10M, Kone, Sensei, and even the Mionix option we saw not too long ago. This is a pretty stiff group to compete against. What is really going to sting a bit is when you go to look at the Surface 1030 L to complete the kit, with a $35 base price and another $5 to ship it, it makes this completed kit you are about to see cost in the range of $120.
You can see where I am going here. Most users won't spend $40 on a mouse, or more than $10 on the pad, but then again many TweakTown readers aren't average buyers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the MS-3]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Surface 1030 L]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives