Inside the ROCCAT LUA
Once I removed the feet and pulled four screws I was able to remove the top of the LUA without any issue. The upper shell is a two piece design that uses the black plastic on the inside and the soft-touch coated plastic is clipped to it. ROCCAT also left a hole at the back for the LED lighting.
With the top out of the way you can see the majority of the components used in the LUA. The Avago sensor has a layer of foam on it, and I think it is due to the low height of the mouse, and this should absorb any contact the top half could make with the sensor.
The left click and right click buttons both use the Omron switches seen here. I took the image from this angle to allow you to see the specific version used.
For the scroll wheel click and the DPI selector button, less expensive TTC switches are used for those.
Removing the foam you can now see the Avago ADNS A3050 Pro 2 optical sensor used on the LUA. You can now also see the 16-bit chip above it that will be communicating with the PC during use.
To give the logo the pop ROCCAT was looking for, this large LED will glow with arctic blue light to give the ROCCAT logo on to plenty of light to make it clearly visible when powered.
With the LUA reassembled and now plugged in, you can see that the logo surely is bright and blue just as described.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT LUA 3-button Optical Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the ROCCAT LUA]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [ROCCAT Sense High Precision Gaming Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Fallout 4 mod lets you play as Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3
- Titanfall 2 getting a grounded, dirty and human single-player campaign
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance