Out of all the mice I see monthly, it is rare that I get a review sample submission based off of an optical sensor versus a laser sensor. In reality with the gaming I do day to day, there is very little difference to the functionality between the two, but there is one huge difference I can distinguish, laser jitter. While all of the latest and greatest of the Avago laser sensor based mice I receive, when you are watching a movie or playing a game, the bass from my receiver and speakers will make most laser mice "walk" from the vibrations, and is something I have yet to see with any of my optical sensor based mice. Outside of that aspect, given the proper software and DPI settings, most users wouldn't be able to tell the difference, if they weren't allowed to see the mouse that they were using.
This is where CM Storm or Cooler Master steps in with a new optical sensor based submission. Along with things like a rubberized comfort grip applied to the top and fully customizable LEDs found on the mouse, it makes for a more comfortable and attractive package. I don't want to give away all the finite specifics, but Cooler Master uses a combination of an Avago sensor, Omron and TTC switches, and some very well appointed software to give you a very customizable way of utilizing this new mouse to the fullest of extents. One last major design benefit is that we are dealing with an ambidextrous design with this mouse so that the left handed users also get a new product to add to their potential arsenal of tools.
Very soon we will be going into much finer detail of the ins and outs of the CM Storm Recon gaming mouse that Cooler Master has sent me to look at, play with, and tell you what I thought about it. At this point, with a bit of usage under my belt with the Recon, I am very pleased. So much so that the CM Storm Sentinel II that spent so much time as my go to mouse has now been replaced by the Recon, and ever since I began testing, I never looked back.Hopefully by the end of all of what is to come in the following pages I convey what sold the Recon to me, and why you should be adding it to your must see list, or even your holiday gift list, since we are soon arriving at that time of year again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Recon Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the CM Storm Recon]
- Page 6 [Documentation]
- Page 7 [CM Storm Speed-RX L Gaming Mouse Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications