Last week we told you about the Zalman F1 120GB SSD and today we have the larger 240GB model. The F1 Series isn't Zalman's first go at an SSD. Two years ago, we tested the N Series and when it was released Zalman also launched the S Series. The F1 is Zalman's first SATA III drive, based on the LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller; this is one of the fastest drives on the market today, but an honor that is shared with many other Team SandForce members.
When we picked up our F1 samples at Computex Taipei we were right in the middle of the 501/502 firmware issue. After getting back to the lab I thought I checked the firmware, but I missed the true firmware on the shipping drives. Last night I dreamed that I bought a Ferrari and the first thing I did when I woke up was check the garage. Somewhere along the line I missed that Zalman used firmware 3.3.2, one of the best releases by SandForce to date. 3.3.2 also has working TRIM which is always nice to have!
Unlike the N and S Series SSDs from Zalman, the F Series isn't officially available in the USA. This isn't an issue for half of our readers because TweakTown is a global site with visitors from all over the globe. When looking around I found the Zalman F1 240GB drive available globally, even in the US where a few enterprising sellers have imported F1 drives and have them listed on EBay. Aside from the EBay sellers, the F1 is priced competitively with other SSDs from the same sellers.
Let's take a look at the specifications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched