Before we get into the performance side of things we need to quickly cover the overclocking side of things. Something we've experienced so far with our Ivy Bridge testing is that overclocking hasn't been the best mainly due to the high heat levels attained.
To date we've tested three 3770k processors and a single 3570k and when overclocking we found they had all hit over 100c and in some cases hit the 105c limit that was forcing them to throttle back in speed. Heading into the BIOS on our ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe we spent the time trying to find the sweet spot for our 3770k.
We ended up running at a 46x multiplier with the BCLK running at 99.77 which resulted in a final clock speed of 4.59GHz. This isn't the best overclock we've seen by any stretch of the indignation. Unfortunately we're continuing to see that the current crop of Ivy Bridge processors aren't overclocking as strong as the older Sandy Bridge counterpart.
None the less we'll see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the Core i7 3770k against a number of other CPUs that are also tested and overclocked today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs]
- Page 3 [Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs Continued]
- Page 4 [Intel Ivy Bridge Chipsets]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 12 [Intel HD 4000 Graphics Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity