Editor Note: Intel or GIGABYTE did not sanction this preview in any way. We are posting this well ahead of launch since some other well-known tech sites have already covered Ivy Bridge performance and the CPU is readily available and for sale right now.
We just finished testing the upcoming Intel Core i5 3570k Ivy Bridge processor from Intel and we really thought that's where we'd be leaving it with a look at the upcoming Ivy Bridge series. Literally as we just finished putting the finishing touches on that article, though, the upcoming i7 3770K arrived.
With our brand new GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H already sitting there, it was simply a matter of pulling our Corsair H100 off, sliding the i5 3570k out and installing the new i7 3770k. There's not a whole lot of detail that we need to go into when it comes to the new processor as this is a preview of what to expect and not a full review.
When the CPU officially launches next month we'll check it out it more detail, but for now we hope to get a good idea of what exactly is going on with the new model. In our original preview we took a closer look at the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H motherboard we used in our testing. For that reason if you want to check out the new GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H in some more detail, hit up our original coverage.
So with all that said, we can really just get into the testbed side of things and go over the other CPUs that will be included in our review today. We'll also take a look at the CPU-Z and AIDA64 information on the CPU before we of course get into the performance side of things.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon