Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs
Like any Intel launch, there's lots of products being introduced today and while it's not quite as aggressive as some of the previous ones because Intel officially launched the Z77 chipset earlier in the month, today is the day we feel that the Z77 chipset really launches as it's part of the Ivy Bridge platform on a whole.
Looking above you can see we've got a total of 14 processors split amongst a high-end mobile offering, eight i7 processors split into three categories and five new i5 processors split into two categories. Along with that we've also got eight new chipset offerings in two categories and five new wireless options to round out what is essentially the Ivy Bridge launch.
Ignoring the mobile offerings and instead choosing to get straight into what's on offer from the desktop line up, you can see below the new Standard Power 77w TDP chips and Low Power 65w and 45w TDP chips.
Our main focus today is of course the top i7 3770k carrying a $313 MSRP price tag. Looking above you can see it's a 4 Core / 8 Thread CPU with a 77w TDP. Its base clock is 3.5GHz with a Turbo Frequency of 3.9GHz. Like all CPUs here it shares support for 1600MHz DDR memory. On the L3 cache front we've got 8MB on offer with the new HD 4000 graphics.
The chip most similar to the i7 3770k is the non k based 3770. Looking above you can see from the main features stand point the only thing it lacks is a 100MHz lower base clock speed. In the Low Power line up we've got two more i7 CPUs that carry a 4 Core / 8 Thread setup in the 3770T and 3770S. While they still carry the same HD 4000 graphics, 8MB L3 cache, they've got different clock speeds and lower TDPs.
Moving away from the i7 line up we move to the i5 4 Core / 4 Thread chips and like above you can see the different speeds and offerings. Outside of the thread count difference and 6MB L3 cache versus 8MB setup, the move to the HD 2500 based graphics on all but the i5 3570k is the big stand out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs]
- Page 3 [Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs Continued]
- Page 4 [Intel Ivy Bridge Chipsets]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 12 [Intel HD 4000 Graphics Testing]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015