Benchmarks - HD Playback
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player* 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
The QNAP TS-659 Pro II has all of the software features you could ever ask for, but now it's time to see how it can transfer data across a typical gigabit network. The first area we are looking at is HD video playback performance. We've chosen the Thecus N5200XXX, another dual core Atom NAS to compare to the TS-659 Pro II.
Both NAS servers are able to transfer data quickly, but the TS-659 Pro II is a little faster when running in RAID 5 and RAID 6, the modes most often used on NAS servers. In almost all of the tests the QNAP TS-659 Pro II delivers 100MB/s or more, so you will be able to stream several videos at the same time across your home or office. With DLNA devices becoming more popular and many families moving to digital distribution, the need for high speed playback is becoming more important than ever.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro II]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- across 1950
- claire Miner definitely a upper college student athlete at eastern si
- In that same review
- quite possibly humans perhaps get telltale signs that appear enormous
- Bates were found to be through my thoughts for a long time
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines