Specifications, Pricing and Availability
So if OCZ Technology was the bad guy for not telling you they used 25nm flash, then where does that leave Strontium for telling you on their product's specification page that they are using '34nm MLC NAND Flash for Fast Performance', the devil? To my knowledge, all of the new SandForce drives being marketed as 115GB instead of 120GB use 25nm flash, so I popped the top to see what is onboard.
I found sixteen Micron29F64G08CBAAA chips, AKA sixteen 25nm NAND chips on the Strontium Gamma Series 115GB drive. I'm not sure if this is an error on the page or a full on deception to customers, but the fact remains, it's wrong and our relationship with Strontium is off to a very bad start.
The rest of the specifications are pretty much the same with what we find from other SF-1200 / 25nm drives. The rated read speed is 280MB/s and the write speed is 270MB/s. IOPS are rated in random 4K write with a performance of 50,000 when 4K is aligned.
I took a look around and only saw Strontium products listed on their own website. The 115GB Gamma Series that we are looking at today lists for 200 USD. Strontium also has a special going on where you can purchase the drive with a free 8GB SDHC card and 8GB MicroSD card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Strontium Gamma Series 115GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system