At Computex 2011 Cameron was hand delivered a new product from RunCore that we weren't expecting. The new RunCore Pro V Plus builds upon the success of the original Pro V, but changes the script a bit by using new IMFT 25nm flash. Drives with this controller / flash combination made a lot of noise in the tech press a few months ago. To make a long story short, one SSD manufacturer (not RunCore) made changes to their build of materials list and started selling new 25nm drives under the same model name as the older 3xnm drives. The new 25nm offerings are a bit slower than the older models and also have less user accessible capacity.
Obviously a change big enough to affect performance and user capacity should be noted and that is exactly what RunCore is doing with their new Pro V Plus model. For the most part we've been pretty quiet about the whole deal just telling people to stay away from the undocumented model affected. Part of that was due to not having a SandForce SF-1200 drive paired with 25nm flash, but that all changes this week; we now have two of them in house including one from RunCore and the other from a new company call Strontium. Today we're going to take a quick look at a bare RunCore Pro V Plus that was hand delivered to us.
In the retail and e-tail market RunCore sells these drives in two different kits. The first is a Notebook Upgrade Kit and the second is called a Desktop DIY Kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V concept art looks absolutely amazing
- Battlefield 5 confirmed with premium and 'grind currency'
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit