At Computex 2011 Cameron was hand delivered a new product from RunCore that we weren't expecting. The new RunCore Pro V Plus builds upon the success of the original Pro V, but changes the script a bit by using new IMFT 25nm flash. Drives with this controller / flash combination made a lot of noise in the tech press a few months ago. To make a long story short, one SSD manufacturer (not RunCore) made changes to their build of materials list and started selling new 25nm drives under the same model name as the older 3xnm drives. The new 25nm offerings are a bit slower than the older models and also have less user accessible capacity.
Obviously a change big enough to affect performance and user capacity should be noted and that is exactly what RunCore is doing with their new Pro V Plus model. For the most part we've been pretty quiet about the whole deal just telling people to stay away from the undocumented model affected. Part of that was due to not having a SandForce SF-1200 drive paired with 25nm flash, but that all changes this week; we now have two of them in house including one from RunCore and the other from a new company call Strontium. Today we're going to take a quick look at a bare RunCore Pro V Plus that was hand delivered to us.
In the retail and e-tail market RunCore sells these drives in two different kits. The first is a Notebook Upgrade Kit and the second is called a Desktop DIY Kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series