There are two ways you can setup the WNCE2001. The first is through the use of WPS (Wireless Protected Setup). If you have that option already enabled in your home network then things are pretty simple. You push the WPS button on the WNCE2001 until the light blinks amber and green. Then you push the WPS button on your router. From there it should automatically set itself up and you are off and running.
The second way is a little more involved, but still pretty simple. With this method you need to connect it to a PC. Once the drivers are installed then you open up a browser. Once you open the browser it is going to ask you a couple of questions about language preference and location.
After that it saves that information for later and you get into the meat of the setup. Again, it is pretty simple as it walks you through connecting the WNCE2001 to an existing wireless network.
The next thing you are greeted with is a survey of nearby wireless access points. It is up to you to pick the one you want.
The next page is where you put in the security key, if there is one.
After another few minutes of viewing a progress bar you are given a recap of what you put in. I was a little disappointed to see the WPA password in plain text on the screen. This raises some concerns about the security of the WNCE2001.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications