There are two ways you can setup the WNCE2001. The first is through the use of WPS (Wireless Protected Setup). If you have that option already enabled in your home network then things are pretty simple. You push the WPS button on the WNCE2001 until the light blinks amber and green. Then you push the WPS button on your router. From there it should automatically set itself up and you are off and running.
The second way is a little more involved, but still pretty simple. With this method you need to connect it to a PC. Once the drivers are installed then you open up a browser. Once you open the browser it is going to ask you a couple of questions about language preference and location.
After that it saves that information for later and you get into the meat of the setup. Again, it is pretty simple as it walks you through connecting the WNCE2001 to an existing wireless network.
The next thing you are greeted with is a survey of nearby wireless access points. It is up to you to pick the one you want.
The next page is where you put in the security key, if there is one.
After another few minutes of viewing a progress bar you are given a recap of what you put in. I was a little disappointed to see the WPA password in plain text on the screen. This raises some concerns about the security of the WNCE2001.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio