It seems that companies are concentrating a little more on the lower speed end of the memory market at the moment. Recently we looked at a new Kingston kit which carried with it a 1600MHz DDR clock and today we're looking at a kit from Corsair that carries with it the same speed.
Of course, the speed is the only difference, because in both true Corsair and Dominator style, the timings are quite aggressive. Before we get into too much detail on that, we'll have a look at the package and then the modules themselves before getting into the overclocking side of things.
It's been a while since we've seen a retail package from Corsair. Most of the time we just get some pretty boring white boxes. The kit looks really nice packaged up, though, and you can see most of the information can be seen, especially once we turn over and the window shows us the important information on the modules themselves.
As for the design of the kit, it's not anything you wouldn't have seen before and if it isn't broke, why fix it? - For the most part I like the Dominator heatsink, but it has to be said that in the situation you have to push the modules in from the top, those fins really do a number on your fingers.
As for information on the modules, we've got the Corsair logo on both sides, the Dominator tag on one and the model, timings, speed and other information on the opposite side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20