It seems that companies are concentrating a little more on the lower speed end of the memory market at the moment. Recently we looked at a new Kingston kit which carried with it a 1600MHz DDR clock and today we're looking at a kit from Corsair that carries with it the same speed.
Of course, the speed is the only difference, because in both true Corsair and Dominator style, the timings are quite aggressive. Before we get into too much detail on that, we'll have a look at the package and then the modules themselves before getting into the overclocking side of things.
It's been a while since we've seen a retail package from Corsair. Most of the time we just get some pretty boring white boxes. The kit looks really nice packaged up, though, and you can see most of the information can be seen, especially once we turn over and the window shows us the important information on the modules themselves.
As for the design of the kit, it's not anything you wouldn't have seen before and if it isn't broke, why fix it? - For the most part I like the Dominator heatsink, but it has to be said that in the situation you have to push the modules in from the top, those fins really do a number on your fingers.
As for information on the modules, we've got the Corsair logo on both sides, the Dominator tag on one and the model, timings, speed and other information on the opposite side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Some Recommendations If You Intend To Deliver Money To India Or Oriental Co
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow