We have already told you that the shipping drivers did not work with our version of Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) but that does not mean that they do not work. Once we downloaded the latest driver and utility from ASUS' website we were in business.
Once things are installed you are able to access the menu from the system tray icon.
Once you are in the Configuration Utility things get more interesting. The first page looks just like any other wireless utility with information about your current connection.
Things get really interesting when we hit the Config page. Here is where you can change the mode of the USB-N13. You can have it run as a client station or as a software based Access Point and a Client Station.
When you turn on the Soft AP you have to tell the USB-N13 which connection you are going to share with members of the wireless group. This can be an internal adapter or even a Cellular Wireless card.
Once you decide to enable the Soft AP, you have to give it an SSID as well as establish an encryption key. You will not get the chance to change the encryption. You are getting WPA2 Pre Shared Key using AES (not that I mind at all).
There are a couple of advanced items that you can run as well. The one that I find the most interesting is the Multimedia/Gaming Environment option. Interestingly enough, there is no Xlink mode to be found on the Windows 7 version of the drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design