Hands On Usage
I went into the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 review not expecting any earth shattering performance or records to fall. The Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 is what it is, a budget mainstream offering with a big screen. This machine is aimed at the user who wants to do general computer work, not game or watch tons of movies.
You might be fooled into thinking the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 is a multimedia rig with the big screen, but it's lacking in the multimedia department. Streaming video from Hulu was a stuttering affair that made the episode of House I wanted to watch unbearable. The stuttering was bad enough that I hooked the notebook to my wired network to see if wireless was an issue and the results were no better. The Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 simply lacks the graphics muscle to produce smooth video in HD or standard resolutions.
The big screen also means a big keyboard and the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 has a nice one. The keys are large and well spaced with good tactile feel and slight clicks as they are pressed. The full number pad will be a nice feature for anyone who does lots of number crunching. The sound system is average for the notebook class. It has ample volume, but the sound is flat and lacks bass. This is a common fault with 99% of all notebooks I test.
The track pad is in the wrist rest area and is situated a bit left of center and has a nice texture to it to set it apart from the smooth and glossy wrist rest. The track pad is accurate and the buttons have a nice tactile feel. I already mentioned that streaming video from Hulu left a lot to be desired. The screen had noticeable pixilation with video as well. However, color reproduction was good. The viewing angles are tight, though.
Sitting directly in front of the screen, colors are sharp and bright. If you stand up or move much to the left or right of the screen the colors fade and things start to look much worse than when right in front of the machine. That means if you and a couple friends try to bare the stuttering video, the folks on the sides will not have a good picture.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood