Hands On Usage
I went into the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 review not expecting any earth shattering performance or records to fall. The Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 is what it is, a budget mainstream offering with a big screen. This machine is aimed at the user who wants to do general computer work, not game or watch tons of movies.
You might be fooled into thinking the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 is a multimedia rig with the big screen, but it's lacking in the multimedia department. Streaming video from Hulu was a stuttering affair that made the episode of House I wanted to watch unbearable. The stuttering was bad enough that I hooked the notebook to my wired network to see if wireless was an issue and the results were no better. The Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 simply lacks the graphics muscle to produce smooth video in HD or standard resolutions.
The big screen also means a big keyboard and the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 has a nice one. The keys are large and well spaced with good tactile feel and slight clicks as they are pressed. The full number pad will be a nice feature for anyone who does lots of number crunching. The sound system is average for the notebook class. It has ample volume, but the sound is flat and lacks bass. This is a common fault with 99% of all notebooks I test.
The track pad is in the wrist rest area and is situated a bit left of center and has a nice texture to it to set it apart from the smooth and glossy wrist rest. The track pad is accurate and the buttons have a nice tactile feel. I already mentioned that streaming video from Hulu left a lot to be desired. The screen had noticeable pixilation with video as well. However, color reproduction was good. The viewing angles are tight, though.
Sitting directly in front of the screen, colors are sharp and bright. If you stand up or move much to the left or right of the screen the colors fade and things start to look much worse than when right in front of the machine. That means if you and a couple friends try to bare the stuttering video, the folks on the sides will not have a good picture.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now