Hands On Usage
I went into the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 review not expecting any earth shattering performance or records to fall. The Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 is what it is, a budget mainstream offering with a big screen. This machine is aimed at the user who wants to do general computer work, not game or watch tons of movies.
You might be fooled into thinking the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 is a multimedia rig with the big screen, but it's lacking in the multimedia department. Streaming video from Hulu was a stuttering affair that made the episode of House I wanted to watch unbearable. The stuttering was bad enough that I hooked the notebook to my wired network to see if wireless was an issue and the results were no better. The Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 simply lacks the graphics muscle to produce smooth video in HD or standard resolutions.
The big screen also means a big keyboard and the Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 has a nice one. The keys are large and well spaced with good tactile feel and slight clicks as they are pressed. The full number pad will be a nice feature for anyone who does lots of number crunching. The sound system is average for the notebook class. It has ample volume, but the sound is flat and lacks bass. This is a common fault with 99% of all notebooks I test.
The track pad is in the wrist rest area and is situated a bit left of center and has a nice texture to it to set it apart from the smooth and glossy wrist rest. The track pad is accurate and the buttons have a nice tactile feel. I already mentioned that streaming video from Hulu left a lot to be desired. The screen had noticeable pixilation with video as well. However, color reproduction was good. The viewing angles are tight, though.
Sitting directly in front of the screen, colors are sharp and bright. If you stand up or move much to the left or right of the screen the colors fade and things start to look much worse than when right in front of the machine. That means if you and a couple friends try to bare the stuttering video, the folks on the sides will not have a good picture.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform