It has been a while since we've looked at a Tri-Channel kit of RAM and I think the main reason for that is due to the fact that it's easier to make a Dual Channel kit go faster than it is a Tri-Channel one. You combine the fact that we've already had a look at a number of 2000MHz and lower Tri-Channel kits and there's not a whole lot else going on in the market.
Today we're looking at another kit of memory from Kingmax; not quite as hardcore as the Hercules 2200MHz DDR kit we looked at the other week, but since we haven't looked at anything from Kingmax in a long time it'll be interesting to see how their Tri-Channel memory stacks up.
While it might be a Tri-Channel kit, there's not going to be much difference in the overall way things work. We'll be including the standard layout and all the normal benchmarks you see in our reviews. The only difference is that the kit is tested on our X58 Triple Channel ASRock testbed which holds in it the mighty i7-980X. We'll have a closer look at the testbed in just a few pages, though. For now let's see what Kingmax are offering here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 10 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Here's some serious 1-1 training to elevate your tech skills
- Nintendo NX manufacturing preparations are underway
- Why wasn't the NX at E3? Nintendo is afraid of copycats
- HTC brings 30 companies together for VR, has $10 billion to spend
- Nintendo is officially researching VR
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities