Not too terribly long ago the internet was awash with rumors of an Apple tablet. Everyone was talking about it; what was it going to look like? What would it be like to use? We all had our theories. For the record; when we thought about it we always envisioned a large scale personal media player combined with an e-book reader.
Well, last month Steve Jobs unveiled the iPad. Despite the terribly funny (and pointless) name, the iPad came very close to what we expected it to be. It is a content delivery system that is looking to knock the current e-book readers and personal media players into a cocked hat. It is also taking a stab at some of the lower end netbook space.
We have read and listened to all the hype surrounding it, so, on April 3rd at 8:30am (at the Altamonte Springs, FL Apple Store) our experience and review of the 16GB WiFi flavor of the Apple iPad began. How did it fare? The only way to find out is to read on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The iPad]
- Page 4 [The OS and UI]
- Page 5 [The Stock Apps - Revisited]
- Page 6 [The Stock Apps - Revisited (Cont.)]
- Page 7 [How does it work in practice]
- Page 8 [The Hidden Cost]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now