Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued
After removing that support bar, you can get a better look at the motherboard tray. SilverStone has added four wire management holes and also added some unique clamps that are made to hold the wires behind the tray in place as well.
On this side of the optical drives, with the RAVEN RV01, this can be screw-less if you choose. Just tip the lock up, slide in a drive and press the lock down until it clicks into place. The opposite side has screw holes if you feel you need more secure mounting.
Under the optical drives are the side mounted, six hard drive racks. Unlock by pulling the tab down and outward, then slide out the tray.
Getting a bit closer inside the hard drive bay area reveals that the RAVEN has a backplane for the drive in the first slot. The SATA connector and molex 4-pin to run to your motherboard and power supply, are tucked in to the right.
The left side of the floor, positioned a few inches above where the power supply goes, is where the RV01 houses one of the 180mm fans to start the air moving well from the bottom.
To the right of that fan, is a good sized hole to pass the power supply wire through. SilverStone has also made it large enough to accept a couple of ½" tubes to pass through as well. Hidden to the right of this is the second 180mm fan that cools the hard drives first then continues up past the optical drives and into the case.
It is dark with all the black going on inside the RV01, but here is the dark place to house the power supply to the left. There is also a plastic clip mounted to the top of this area that securely clamps the PSU in a rubber anti-vibration isolated compartment.
These are the case wires that are from the switches, lights and front I/O panel. There is an IEEE1394, USB 2.0 and HD and AC '97 audio connections. From the switches and lights, we have the power switch, reset switch, HDD activity connections and a molex 4-pin for lighting, all of which are on really long wires.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W Extreme Enthusiast Chassis]
- Page 6 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued]
- Page 7 [Inside the SilverStone SST-RV01B-W - Continued Again]
- Page 8 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 9 [The Build]
- Page 10 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- G.SKILL stacks up a monstrous 128GB DDR4-3466 RAM in quad-channel demo
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- Corsair adds more premium to Dominator Platinum Special Edition RAM
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series