Today's memory market is a pretty well set one, we haven't seen too many new players come into the field like we did back when SDRAM and DDR SDRAM were hitting the shelves. While these companies weren't aiming for high clock modules to compete with the likes of OCZ or Corsair, mainstream PCs were getting cheaper memory thanks to the amount of competition out there. Today there are only a few major players though, and even less when it comes to top speed memory designed for the enthusiast sector.
Aeneon memory is a division of Qimonda, a German memory manufacturer which is also a division of Infineon Technologies. While Infineon has been around for quite some time, Aeneon hasn't made any major jumps into the DRAM market, so it's about time we see a new player come in.
Xtune is Aeneon's new line of overclocking modules that cover both DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules ranging in a few speed varieties; in the DDR2 memory line there are 800MHz, 1066MHz and 1142MHz modules, and in the DDR3 line we have 1333MHz and 1600MHz modules designed for Intel's P35 and X38/X48 chipsets that support DDR3.
Today we have ourselves Aeneon's second fastest DDR3 modules on offer, 1333MHz modules designed to be part of the new Xtune overclocking range. How do they stack up? Let's get onto it and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- Australia's biggest mobile telco Telstra hit by nation-wide outages
- iPhones being permanently bricked by 'Error 53'
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance