Today's memory market is a pretty well set one, we haven't seen too many new players come into the field like we did back when SDRAM and DDR SDRAM were hitting the shelves. While these companies weren't aiming for high clock modules to compete with the likes of OCZ or Corsair, mainstream PCs were getting cheaper memory thanks to the amount of competition out there. Today there are only a few major players though, and even less when it comes to top speed memory designed for the enthusiast sector.
Aeneon memory is a division of Qimonda, a German memory manufacturer which is also a division of Infineon Technologies. While Infineon has been around for quite some time, Aeneon hasn't made any major jumps into the DRAM market, so it's about time we see a new player come in.
Xtune is Aeneon's new line of overclocking modules that cover both DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules ranging in a few speed varieties; in the DDR2 memory line there are 800MHz, 1066MHz and 1142MHz modules, and in the DDR3 line we have 1333MHz and 1600MHz modules designed for Intel's P35 and X38/X48 chipsets that support DDR3.
Today we have ourselves Aeneon's second fastest DDR3 modules on offer, 1333MHz modules designed to be part of the new Xtune overclocking range. How do they stack up? Let's get onto it and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20