Today's memory market is a pretty well set one, we haven't seen too many new players come into the field like we did back when SDRAM and DDR SDRAM were hitting the shelves. While these companies weren't aiming for high clock modules to compete with the likes of OCZ or Corsair, mainstream PCs were getting cheaper memory thanks to the amount of competition out there. Today there are only a few major players though, and even less when it comes to top speed memory designed for the enthusiast sector.
Aeneon memory is a division of Qimonda, a German memory manufacturer which is also a division of Infineon Technologies. While Infineon has been around for quite some time, Aeneon hasn't made any major jumps into the DRAM market, so it's about time we see a new player come in.
Xtune is Aeneon's new line of overclocking modules that cover both DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules ranging in a few speed varieties; in the DDR2 memory line there are 800MHz, 1066MHz and 1142MHz modules, and in the DDR3 line we have 1333MHz and 1600MHz modules designed for Intel's P35 and X38/X48 chipsets that support DDR3.
Today we have ourselves Aeneon's second fastest DDR3 modules on offer, 1333MHz modules designed to be part of the new Xtune overclocking range. How do they stack up? Let's get onto it and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY