Galaxy shows "Dual Core" dual 7900GT and 7600GT cards
One of our last stops for the show was at the Galaxy booth in Hall 1. The Hong Kong based graphics card maker was showing off a bunch of graphics cards but the most exciting by far were their "Dual Core" dual GeForce 7900GT and 7600GT graphics cards.
Galaxy aren't entirely sure when the graphics cards will be ready to buy in shops but all we got was, "soon". Unfortunately it looks like SLI is not possible with these cards since there is no SLI bridge adapter on either although with some special driver tweaking you might be able to get the 7600GT firing away in SLI mode.
It was a shame we couldn't see the dual 7900GT in action, which may well suggest the card we saw is a "dummy sample" (meaning it isn't working yet) or they just choose not to demo a system. However, if you've got a high profile product like this on display and it's working properly, wouldn't you want to show it off as much as possible? Maybe they are just still working on drivers as well but we should find out soon enough as we wait for a sample to hit our labs for testing.
We aren't sure what type of cooler the dual 7900GT will require but as you can imagine, it will need some beefy type of setup to dissipate all the heat generated by both GPU's.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Day 4 and 5 live coverage from the floor]
- Page 2 [VIA water and dust proof PC and more]
- Page 3 [Very confident XFX at Computex 2006]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte introduce newest I-RAM]
- Page 5 [Galaxy dual 7900GT and 7600GT]
- Page 6 [Firing Squad Invitational Tournament]
- Page 7 [DFI nForce 590 SLI AM2 motherboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset