Intel is aiming to improve your experience with your computer, by integrating new features that help the computer relate to you better. I can't help but imagine a new era of computers that can sense their surroundings and blend into the environment like in the movie "Her". While the time where your computer can also double as your soul mate isn't here yet, new technologies are inching us towards that future.
Intel is highlighting three major aspects in which the new processors will improve our lives, including; better graphics, longer battery life, and more immersive technologies. Intel is also revamping their wireless technologies for a new generation of mobile products.
The new HD5500, 6000, and Iris 6100 graphics feature support for DX 11.2, DX 12 (ready), OpenGL 4.3, OpenCL 2.0, and even 4K support over wireless. New decoding support for VP8, VP9, and HEVC are included which should expand the popularity of Intel graphics for media playback and transcoding.
I had the chance to see Intel's new RealSense technology in person at IDF with the Dell Venue 8 7000. RealSense uses three cameras to capture images in 3D which can then be transferred to a computer model and even 3D printed. This technology will shape the future of affordable 3D scanning technology.
Intel is also sporting new improvements to their voice recognition technology, but if you want to take full advantage of it, you will need a third-party application. The DSP enhancements allow for features like Wake on Voice, we might soon see people talking to both their smartphones and notebooks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [New Line-Up]
- Page 3 [5th Gen Core Series Platform Hardware Improvements]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4