We're again not going to go into heaps of detail here as we covered so much of what needs to be said in our original Ivy Bridge preview with GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H (Intel Z77) and Core i5 3570K piece. Saying that there are still a few things that need to be said we move onto the testing side of things.
Unlike the 3570k we looked at which is part of the i5 series, the 3770k is part of the higher end i7 series line of CPUs. Outside of a 100MHz clock increase, the biggest difference is that while both are quad-core CPUs, the i7 3770k offers Hyper Threading making it theoretically an eight core part.
This means that the main CPU that the 3770k is replacing is the Sandy Bridge based 2600k which has been an absolutely awesome chip for us. It's served us extremely well, but no doubt we'll be transitioning over to the new Ivy Bridge based 3770k in the coming weeks.
Before we finish, though, you can see below our CPU-Z and AIDA64 screenshot which expands on some of the features that are currently on offer from the new CPU.
Let's get started!
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs content at our CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- Samsung provides YouTube stream for its Galaxy S6 launch event
- Swedish professional CS:GO player Joel "emilio" Mako admits cheating
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse