We're again not going to go into heaps of detail here as we covered so much of what needs to be said in our original Ivy Bridge preview with GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H (Intel Z77) and Core i5 3570K piece. Saying that there are still a few things that need to be said we move onto the testing side of things.
Unlike the 3570k we looked at which is part of the i5 series, the 3770k is part of the higher end i7 series line of CPUs. Outside of a 100MHz clock increase, the biggest difference is that while both are quad-core CPUs, the i7 3770k offers Hyper Threading making it theoretically an eight core part.
This means that the main CPU that the 3770k is replacing is the Sandy Bridge based 2600k which has been an absolutely awesome chip for us. It's served us extremely well, but no doubt we'll be transitioning over to the new Ivy Bridge based 3770k in the coming weeks.
Before we finish, though, you can see below our CPU-Z and AIDA64 screenshot which expands on some of the features that are currently on offer from the new CPU.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives