Intel didn't ship us the CPU alone, instead, they shipped a fully built 80lbs system as well as an "OC kit," so while we were installing the OC kit, we had a chance to actually see the CPU. We can see it looks pretty similar to the Xeon Platinum 8180, with two holes for heat expansion and the same pad layout. It also lacks the RFID chip that we see on Core-X series CPUs.
On the left was what was shipped to us, the rig has some pretty impressive cable management. However, we needed to standardize the system a bit, since we don't use a GTX 1080, but instead a GTX 1080 Ti in our testing. Later on, we also swapped out the cooler for an EKWB Phoenix 360 Annihilator, which was recommended for overclocking.
Here is part of the OC kit, the EK Phoenix 360 Annihilator, a six to 8-pin converter cable (for changing PCI-E into 12v ESP for the CPU), and they also sent another 1600W Titanium PSU for more extreme overclocking.
We will mention that we switched out the GTX 1080 for a GTX 1080 Ti, and that for overclocking we used the EK cooler instead of the Asetek one mentioned below. You might notice both the coolers are unreleased.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers: Endgame dethrones Avatar as biggest movie ever
- Hackers disclose Russian deep-web 'Tor' data storing project
- Say goodbye to your UI in Cyberpunk 2077's hardcore mode
- NASA's Artemis Moon program completes new Orion space module
- RTX 2080 SUPER for $699 = $3000 TITAN V performance teased
- i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra oc problem. need help
- need help plz i5 9600k with aorus z390 ultra OC problem
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Epic Seven Releases Charlotte Side Story: 'Heavy Lies the Crown'
- Tap Empire - available now on the App Store and Google Play!
- It's Always Sunny: The Gang Goes Mobile Launches Worldwide Today
- Rogue Games Expands Team with Three Key Hires for Rapidly Growing Game Portfolio
- Traitor's Empire release for Android