Today I will look at a server from Supermicro, one of the best known white box server motherboard vendors. The H11SSL-NC utilizes no chipset. Instead, it supports all the features of AMD's new EPYC line of enterprise CPUs, which actually integrates the chipset into the CPU package.
AMD's new EPYC CPUs are real beasts; they support 128 PCI-E lanes, 8-channel memory, and up to 32 cores and 64 threads. With such high amounts of cores, features, and compactness EPYC CPUs are poised to re-awaken AMD's competitiveness in the enterprise marketplace. Let's see how Supermicro's new motherboard gets along with AMD's new EPYC CPU.
The H11SSL-NC doesn't just rely on AMD's high amount of PCI-E and built-in connectivity, it goes above AMD's default storage capabilities and adds in an LSI SAS controller, a bunch of USB 3.0 controllers, dual Intel NICs, an ASpeed BMC, and offers a VGA port on the motherboard.
The Supermicro H11SSL-NC is listed for $600
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and H11SSL-NC Overview]
- Page 3 [TYAN H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro H11SSL-NC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Remote Management]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [CPU and Memory Performance Metrics]
- Page 9 [Network and Storage]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imagining and Power]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 76 respecs aren't retroactive
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019