Case Build & Finished Product
Without any optical bays in the chassis, there was no need to break up that sleek steel mesh running down the front of the chassis. The PM01-RGB looks just as good as it did when we started, but wait; it does get better.
The cleanliness of the build is superb. All we see are the ends of the PSU cables, with a great view of the motherboard, video card, and cooler. While the glass panel is quite dark, any view you do see of the inside of the chassis is brilliant and tidy.
We did not run into an issue with the dust shield placement, but we did have to press the back of the chassis inward to mount the video card. As for the PSU, we slid it in from the right side, rested it on the pads to support it, and screwed it into the chassis.
Our OCD would not allow us to leave the wiring mess that SilverStone shipped the chassis with, so with a bit of time, we were able to combine it all and have most of it secured with the straps on the left.
We had to get creative with the 8-pin cable too, but the bulk of wires to the left may have been too much. When putting the panel back on, we did have to use both arms to get all the tabs to secure so we could screw it back on to the chassis.
With the chassis back together and ready to be fired up, if not for the light coming through the back of the chassis, we wouldn't see anything at all. All shiny and black like it is, it is like a tower of obsidian housing your gear.
Once powered, the view through the glass does come to life, as we see the LEDs from the cooler and the video card, but also those built into the frame of the chassis. The front fans are nice and bright, but the lights at the top of the chassis, in the scoops, are much tougher to see from this angle.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today