Creating a bootable RAIDXpert RAID 0 Array
Before proceeding head to your motherboard manufacturer's download section and grab the latest AMD RAID driver ver:9.00.00.088 SATA Floppy Image and extract it. Place it on a USB drive.
Step one in creating a bootable RAIDXpert NVMe array is set storage to boot UEFI only. Next, you need to bifurcate a 16x slot to 4x4. You also need to enable NVMe RAID Mode.
Next, create your RAID volume by entering RAIDXpert2 Configuration Utility. This is found on the Advanced tab of our BIOS.
Click on Array Management.
Select media type to SSD. Enable the drives and apply changes.
Now you have created your RAID volume. Insert your Windows Installer USB, the USB drive with the AMD RAID driver ver:9.00.00.088 SATA Floppy Image driver on it and reboot.
Be sure you are booting your Windows Installer as UEFI when installing Windows.
Once you have the installer to where you select where to install Windows, you will be greeted with partitions that Windows cannot be installed on. Click on Load Driver. (This is where we inject the driver you downloaded so the drives can be seen as an array.) Now click on Browse.
Browse to the folder with the AMD RAID driver ver:9.00.00.088 SATA Floppy Image driver you placed on the separate USB drive, and click OK.
Select the AMD-RAID Bottom Device driver and click Next to inject the driver into your Windows install.
Now nothing shows up, but do not worry another driver needs to be injected. Click on Load Driver again, and another driver shows up. Select the AMD-RAID Controller driver and hit Next. After the second driver is injected, your unallocated array shows up.
After Windows installs, install your chipset drivers and then you need to install the AMD-RAID Configuration SCSI Processor Device. Copy the folder from your AMD RAID driver ver:9.00.00.088 SATA Floppy Image driver you placed on the separate USB drive to your desktop.
Open device manager and you will see AMD-RAID Configuration SCSI Processor Device with a question mark. Right-click on it and select update driver. Click browse and browse to the driver folder you placed on your desktop. Select the RS2x64 folder and hit OK. The driver will load, and your AMD-RAID Config device will be installed. It can be found under system devices. Now we can install AMD RAIDXpert2 utility ver:126.96.36.199 which is again found on your motherboard driver download page.
After the Utility is installed and you have logged in, you are greeted with the AMD RAIDXpert2 management interface. We don't need to do anything in here when our Direct to CPU array is drive C. The utility is necessary to create a secondary volume though.
Now let's see what performance looks like.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Details]
- Page 3 [X299 Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Bootable Intel VROC RAID 0 Array Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks VROC System Disk]
- Page 6 [Secondary Volume Intel VROC RAID 0 Array Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks VROC Secondary Volume]
- Page 8 [X399 Test System Setup]
- Page 9 [Bootable AMD RAIDXpert RAID 0 Array Setup]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks AMD RAIDXpert System Disk]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume AMD RAIDXpert RAID 0 Array Setup]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks RAIDXpert Secondary Volume]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!