BIOSTAR is best known for their motherboards, but they are looking to play the SSD game as well. BIOSTAR's G330 Series is their SATA III high-performance model. Our first impression of the G330 is that it's a great-looking piece of hardware. We find a matte-black finish with a high contrast white logo aesthetically appealing. Sometimes less is more and in the case of the G330, this holds true.
On the inside, the G330 is basically a cookie-cutter Silicon Motion SM2258 powered SATA III SSD with a Micron 3D TLC 32-layer flash array. This combination has never been very impressive on the performance front, especially at smaller capacity points, so we aren't expecting the G330 to light up our charts. Does the G330 offer a value for the consumer that makes it worthy of your short list? With an MSRP of $129.99 for 256GB of SATA III, the BIOSTAR G330 doesn't look like it offers much value considering what it is.
Perhaps it sells for much less on the street, but there isn't anyway to know. We searched high and low for someone, anyone that is selling the BIOSTAR G330, but we came up empty. If it turns out that you can purchase the G330 256GB for around $75, it might be worth your attention. However, at $129.99 we would recommend a pass unless it has the look you are going for.
Pricing aside, another thing we must frown upon is the lack of any value-added accessories. There are plenty of competing SSDs that outperform the G330, cost far less and come with value-adds like cloning software, an SSD tool box and even caching software.
BIOSTAR is advertising the G330 as an "Ultra-premium" SSD with a six-layer PCB, "U.F.O" something or other and a "Laser metallic curved case". Additionally, BIOSTAR wants you to know the G330 can withstand temperature extremes (which seem to be normal temps). And, to top it all off, the G330 isn't super thick like normal 7mm z-height SSDs, it's a way slimmer 6.8mm.
We can pretty much guess that the G330 isn't going to deliver performance that is compelling enough to offset what it is lacking and its unusually high MSRP, but let's go ahead and see exactly what this Laser formed "U.F.O" is serving up.
BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD:
- Sequential Read: up to 565 MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 515 MB/s
- Max 4K Random Read Speed: Unknown
- Max 4K Random Write Speed: Unknown
- Endurance: Unknown
- MTBF: Unknown
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty
- Garbage Collection
- Software: None
With commonly advertised factory specs unknown, this immediately throws up a red flag for us. What we do know is the G330 pairs Silicon Motion's SM2258 4-channel controller with Micron 384Gbit 32-layer 3D TLC (Triple-Level-Cell) flash in BGA packages. At least it's not TSOP packaged, so that is a good thing. Table caching is handled by a single SK hynix DDR3 DRAM cache package with a capacity of 1MB to 1GB DRAM to NAND ratio.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit