Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD
The 860 Pro ships in an attractive red and black themed box. There is an image of the enclosed drive on the front. The drive's capacity, V-NAND and SATA interface are advertised here.
The rear of the packaging advertises the drive's 5-year limited warranty.
Included with the drive is a printed installation guide.
The top and sides of the drive's enclosure is made cast aluminum.
The bottom of the drives enclosure is formed from sheet aluminum. There is a manufacturers' label that lists the particulars of the SSD.
The enclosure is held together with three pentalobe screws, two of which are located under the label on the back of the drive's enclosure. The small PCB is held in position by two locator pins.
This side of the PCB houses Samsung's MJX controller, a DDR4 DRAM cache package and two of the drive's four 256GB V-NAND packages.
This side of the PCB houses two of the drive's four 256GB V-NAND packages.
A close-in view of the drive's major components.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Sequential Write]
- Page 9 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]