Inside the Define R6 Continued
The PSU cover has two holes near the motherboard tray, the one at the back without a grommet, while the larger one does have a grommet in it. The entire top is vented to allow for optional airflow to come from the bottom of the chassis, and there are an angled section and the vertical section to completely cover the PSU and wires coming from it.
Just like the pair of 140mm fans do in the front, the exhaust fan has a black frame, white blades, and is powered by a 3-pin fan connection. To match both the fans and the HDD trays, the nine expansion slots seen here are also painted white. To secure the covers or expansions cards, they are accessed internally, and thumbscrews are provided.
Looking at the right side of the Define R6, we find the front of the chassis is wide open from top to bottom and is where the six HDD trays are currently screwed into the edge of the motherboard tray. Behind the motherboard tray are 23mm of room, Velcro straps to tend to wires, and a pair of 2.5" drive trays under the CPU cooler access hole. The PSU is to go in the bottom-right corner, but the fame is too tall here, and is why the PSU slides in from the back.
Near the top of the motherboard tray is where the Nexus + PWM fan hub is located. It requires one lead to connect to a PWM source on the motherboard as well as a SATA power connection to source power for the hub. Three PWM fans can be connected to the right side of it, while six case fans can all be connected on the left side. No power rating was offered, but we are told there is protection against overvoltage and other irregularities in power delivery.
All of the wires from the front I/O panel are already routed down the front edge of the chassis and spill out to the right towards the motherboard tray. In the group, we find the HD Audio, UBS 3.0, and USB 2.0 connections, and all of the LED and switch wires are in a sleeved covering, with just enough for connectivity exposed at the end.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit