Inside the Define R6 Continued
The PSU cover has two holes near the motherboard tray, the one at the back without a grommet, while the larger one does have a grommet in it. The entire top is vented to allow for optional airflow to come from the bottom of the chassis, and there are an angled section and the vertical section to completely cover the PSU and wires coming from it.
Just like the pair of 140mm fans do in the front, the exhaust fan has a black frame, white blades, and is powered by a 3-pin fan connection. To match both the fans and the HDD trays, the nine expansion slots seen here are also painted white. To secure the covers or expansions cards, they are accessed internally, and thumbscrews are provided.
Looking at the right side of the Define R6, we find the front of the chassis is wide open from top to bottom and is where the six HDD trays are currently screwed into the edge of the motherboard tray. Behind the motherboard tray are 23mm of room, Velcro straps to tend to wires, and a pair of 2.5" drive trays under the CPU cooler access hole. The PSU is to go in the bottom-right corner, but the fame is too tall here, and is why the PSU slides in from the back.
Near the top of the motherboard tray is where the Nexus + PWM fan hub is located. It requires one lead to connect to a PWM source on the motherboard as well as a SATA power connection to source power for the hub. Three PWM fans can be connected to the right side of it, while six case fans can all be connected on the left side. No power rating was offered, but we are told there is protection against overvoltage and other irregularities in power delivery.
All of the wires from the front I/O panel are already routed down the front edge of the chassis and spill out to the right towards the motherboard tray. In the group, we find the HD Audio, UBS 3.0, and USB 2.0 connections, and all of the LED and switch wires are in a sleeved covering, with just enough for connectivity exposed at the end.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new patch adds replayable missions, tweaks loot
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dead Cells New, Free DLC 'Rise of the Giant' Animated Trailer Showcases All New Ways to Die in Dead Cells
- Morel Audio releases Hogtalare Speaker System
- Introducing New Streaming Bundles From BLD by NZXT
- Stylish Turn Based RPG Grimshade out today on Steam
- Othercide Reveals New Gameplay Trailer