While we have seen a few routers come through offering anti-virus capabilities onboard, we have yet to see a security company come to market with a router, until now.
F-Secure, the makers of internet security and anti-virus products for years has recently entered the hardware market with its own wireless routing solution. Sense is a dual-band capable AC1750 class solution that aims to secure your internet connection both coming and going. F-Secure uses what they are calling three-layer protection to do this by securing your home network with the Sense router, securing your device with the sense app and real-time monitoring with cloud protection.
The technical details start with specifications of the device. We start with an AC1750 platform, so we have 450mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band provided by four internal antennas. This is paired with a single USB 3.0 port and four RJ45 ethernet ports, 4 for LAN and one for WAN. The Sense includes support for Bluetooth 4.0 and Bluetooth Low Energy and is powered by a 1GHz dual-core SoC, 512MB of DDR3 and 1GB of NAND flash.
MSRP of the F-Secure Sense comes in at $199.99 with a one-year warranty. The Sense comes with a one-year security subscription, after which is $9.99 per month.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit