We have covered full workstations before, and we have covered many small form factor PCs, and today we are bringing you our first review of a true small form factor workstation PC. Lenovo's ThinkStation P320 Tiny is the world's smallest ISV certified workstation PC, and it truly is very tiny. The notion of a small workstation is an odd one. On the one hand, workstations are designed to be extremely powerful, use the latest in workstation hardware, which to be frank, can use a lot of power, which means a lot of heat.
Workstation CPUs from Intel's Xeons to vPro supporting CPUs and AMD's unreleased Ryzen Pro series of CPUs don't generally come in very low power packages, and workstation GPUs such as NVIDIA's Quadro and AMD's FirePro series of graphics cards also don't come in very power friendly packages. However, there are exceptions to our hardware dilemma, and those exceptions can be found inside the P320 Tiny.
Let's take a look at what Lenovo has created!
The ThinkStation P320 Tiny can be configured with a 7th Gen Core i7, a NVIDIA Quadro P600 graphics card, the CPU's integrated graphics, up to 32GB of memory, up to two 1TB NVMe SSDs, and with a 2TB SSD/HDD. The dimensions are 1.4" x 7.1"x 7.2" (WxDxH) and could weigh up to 2.9lbs.
Our configuration came with an i7-7700T CPU, which can Turbo up to 3.8GHz, has a base of 2.0GHz, and features four cores and eight threads. The real kicker is that the 7700T has a 35W TDP, which is insanely low for a four core and eight thread desktop CPU. The motherboard has a single x16 slot, and a NVIDIA Quadro P600 sits in it, it's the low profile version of the card. We get 16GB of DDR4 memory clocks at 2400MHz, but it's only in a single channel configuration (1 stick). Our configuration came with a 512GB M.2 NVMe drive, which is custom made by Toshiba for Lenovo. The system is based on the Intel Q270 chipset, which is designed for business use.
The Lenovo ThinkStation P320 Tiny can be had for under $1000, but our configuration cost roughly $1,245.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Smallest in the World: ThinkStation P320 Tiny retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Smallest in the World: ThinkStation P320 Tiny retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the ThinkStation P320 Tiny]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media