Inside the Evolv Shift Continued
On the left side of the motherboard tray, we find a couple of thi9ngs to discuss. First, we can see the sleeved PCI extension cable which allows for the GPU to be placed behind the motherboard. We also see the pair of easily removable trays for installing 2.5" drives.
The large hole in the frame, under the motherboard tray, at the back of the case, is intended to allow the PSU used in the case a way to intake cooler outside air. What we can see there now is part of the USB 3.0 cable and the SATA power lead which runs the RGB lighting on top of the case.
The floor of the chassis has room for the PSU to be mounted on the left side. The larger area on the right can be used to install an optional fan, water cooling, and is set up in such a way that most of the area is open to allow for convective passive ventilation air in here and out the top.
The back-frame section has the panel clips as we saw on the front, but we also see room for a 34.5" drive to be installed here as well. Another pair of hook and loop straps to help contain wires, and the cover USB 3.0 ports next to the opening for the PSU fan. At the very bottom, we can see the PSU connection as well. With the PSU oriented the way it is, an adapter is a much easier way to go.
The right side of the chassis is open, with just the GPU support bracket screwed in at the top, and also into the motherboard tray from the other side. This bracket can be slid to the right if issues arise with cooling, but otherwise, there is thin foam on the edges, again, to keep the glass off the steel.
Inside of the GPU bracket is a PCI-e slot, and it even comes with a locking mechanism to ensure the card is seated properly. From the back of this slot is where the sleeved cable comes from, and wraps around by the SSDs to connect to the slot on the Mini-ITX motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ