Inside the Evolv Shift Continued
On the left side of the motherboard tray, we find a couple of thi9ngs to discuss. First, we can see the sleeved PCI extension cable which allows for the GPU to be placed behind the motherboard. We also see the pair of easily removable trays for installing 2.5" drives.
The large hole in the frame, under the motherboard tray, at the back of the case, is intended to allow the PSU used in the case a way to intake cooler outside air. What we can see there now is part of the USB 3.0 cable and the SATA power lead which runs the RGB lighting on top of the case.
The floor of the chassis has room for the PSU to be mounted on the left side. The larger area on the right can be used to install an optional fan, water cooling, and is set up in such a way that most of the area is open to allow for convective passive ventilation air in here and out the top.
The back-frame section has the panel clips as we saw on the front, but we also see room for a 34.5" drive to be installed here as well. Another pair of hook and loop straps to help contain wires, and the cover USB 3.0 ports next to the opening for the PSU fan. At the very bottom, we can see the PSU connection as well. With the PSU oriented the way it is, an adapter is a much easier way to go.
The right side of the chassis is open, with just the GPU support bracket screwed in at the top, and also into the motherboard tray from the other side. This bracket can be slid to the right if issues arise with cooling, but otherwise, there is thin foam on the edges, again, to keep the glass off the steel.
Inside of the GPU bracket is a PCI-e slot, and it even comes with a locking mechanism to ensure the card is seated properly. From the back of this slot is where the sleeved cable comes from, and wraps around by the SSDs to connect to the slot on the Mini-ITX motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit