Toshiba is adding to its X and P300 series of drives with a new N300 lineup. This lineup is aimed at NAS users wanting a reliable, high capacity solution in the 7200 RPM flavor.
Toshiba is playing a bit of catch up with its hard drive business, bringing its very own NAS brewed solution to the market. The N300 designed from the ground up for NAS use in up to eight-bay systems offers several capacity options for the prospective buyer. At the ground floor, we have 4TB for entry-level consumers, and a step up gives us 6TB. 8TB is the peak capacity at this point, but all drives carry a 7200 RPM spindle speed.
The N300 uses a Serial ATA 3.0 or SATA 6Gb/s interface in the 3.5" form factor. Sustained data transfer sits at 200 MB/s for the 4TB model, 210 MB/s for the 6TB, and 240 MB/s for the 8TB model in house. Buffer size comes in at 128MB on par with the standard for high-capacity drives with the N300 series carrying a 180TB/year workload rating, and MTBF sits at one million hours.
The Toshiba N300 in the 8TB capacity carries a three-year warranty and an MSRP of $279.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit