Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD
The blue and white themed packaging advertises that the 545s is part of Intel's SSD 5 series. There is a little sticker on the upper right corner that advertises the drive's 64-layer TLC 3d NAND array.
The rear of the packaging lists the drive's form factor and five-year limited warranty. Actual retail packaging will list performance details that are absent on our sample's packaging.
Inside of the packaging, the drive is encased in a sealed static resistant envelope (not shown). Intel also includes a printed warranty and installation guide. The top of the enclosure is a familiar stamped sheet aluminum piece fastened with four screws.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are formed from sheet aluminum. This is a break from the usual heavy cast aluminum piece used on previous Intel SSDs. There is a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Popping the enclosure open reveals the back side of a half-length PCB. This side of the PCB houses two of the drives four 128GB 64-layer 3d TLC flash packages. There is also an empty landing pad for an additional DRAM cache package for future larger capacities. Thermal material is present on the flash packages.
We removed the thermal goop from the drives SMI SM2259 4-channel controller and one of the drives four 128GB 64-layer 3D TLC flash packages so we could view them. This side of the PCB houses the drives controller, two flash packages, and an Sk Hynix 512MB DDR3 DRAM package.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit