For FSP to take the plunge into the chassis game, they have done well. The chassis is aggressively styled on the front bezel, yet is not something childish. We like that there is an option to get the slits on the sides of the bezel in red, blue, silver, or black like we see here, but there is not any mention as to if the fan LEDs change to match the colors, or if all models come with blue fans. While not modular on the inside, the CMT210 provides us with plenty of room for our gear, there were no hassles when it came to installing them, and even without the use of grommets, the wire management is top notch. With this design, affordability sets the CMT210 above many out there, and with water cooling support, and a few neat things found along the way, it is a chassis in which many will be able to do nearly anything they desire inside of.
Although at first glance the CMT210 appears to be a winner, we did find a few things along the build process which we found off-putting. First of all, there is the manual. We feel it could have been delivered with better information so that we do not guess as to what to do with some of the hardware. We do not like that the HDD cage is not removable. We would prefer it to be, as it would allow the lowest fan to blow into the chassis, and if removed, would also add room for custom water cooling parts like a reservoir and a pump. We like that there are dust filters present, but the fact that the PSU filter is near impossible to remove while the chassis is upright, and the hassle of removing the one in the front, it makes them pointless. Had the wires not been attached to the front bezel, we could just wash the whole thing, but that is not an option in this design.
We do like the FSP CMT210 overall, but it does have its small issues to be aware of. For those of you out there who build machines and leave them to sit for a year of two without maintenance, by all means, go out and get this case if you are into the styling and features. For those out there who are a bit spoiled and like everything to be modular, and if a feature is offered, it should work flawlessly, maybe the CMT210 is not your cup of tea.
All told though; we may be expecting a bit too much from FSP and this CMT210, as it only costs $59.99. That being said, for entry into the chassis game, FSP has made a solid effort, and we hope they continue on this mission and can make a go at this so that we may see more cases from them in the future.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair H80i GT (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
- Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP. Extreme Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SuperSpeed 128GB SSD
- Power Supply: SilverStone SST-ST85F-G (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: FSP's first foray into cases has been a success. While there are a few minor changes we would have made to the overall design, the CMT210 has a lot to offer with a minimal investment required.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [FSP CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the CMT210]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- Dragon Ball Legends mobile game revealed
- Division and Hitman devs form new studio Sharkmob
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit