Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
When the name FSP as a company is brought up, most people will immediately think of power supplies. With good reason as well, as over the years, FSP has made quite a name for itself in this area of the PC market. However, as many other companies have been doing lately, they want to spread their wings a bit and move into other markets to bolster sales and profits. We have seen battery banks, and even recently caught wind of a couple of air coolers, but we did not see it coming that FSP was about to enter the chassis realm as well.
The main goal with FSP to enter this market is in offering a mainstream design suited for the masses. Rather than to take the road of an elitist design where they would sell in limited numbers, the plan is to dole out a chassis which is attractive, conforms to many of the latest trends, and is a chassis in which many will put their money down to obtain this case. FSP is sticking with a mid-tower design, which delivers things like an attractive fascia, comes with LED fans, room for multiple high-end graphics cards, and even has room for water cooling support. All things that the masses tend to look for when it comes to picking out their next chassis to build inside of.
We have absolutely nothing to go off of outside of our experience with the quality of the power supplies we have used in the past, but going from just that, our expectations are high. What we are bringing to you today is the CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis, which seems to be a serious contender in the massive market of smaller cases to house beastly systems. We are also aware that there are to be four versions of this same design, all of which offer either black, blue, red, or silver accents in the bezel, which adds a touch more style and flash to the designs exterior. With all of that out of the way, and with little more to go on than what we have experienced so far with this chassis, we feel we should dive right in and see what the FSP CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis is all about.
While we were borrowing the chart we see here, it appears to be that CMT is the series of the chassis, and the 210 is the model within that series. All of the CMT210 offerings are mid-tower form factor, they are all painted black, and all are comprised of SECC steel and bits made of ABS plastic. The CMT210 weighs in at 4.7 kilograms, and it stands 460mm tall, it is 200mm wide, and is 432mm from front to back. The chassis can house either an ATX, Micro-ATX, or Mini-ITX motherboard, it has USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports along with HD audio in the front I/O panel, and at the back of the chassis, there are seven expansion slots.
FSP mentions that CPU coolers can be up to 160mm in height and fit inside, video cards can be 360mm long and still fit, but there is no mention of the size of the PSU which can fit. There are no 5.25" bays in this design, but there is a cage for three 3.5" drives, and three other locations for 2.5" drive mounting with the use of special clips.
Cooling inside of the chassis is handled out of the box with a pair of fans. There is a single 120mm blue LED fan found in the front of the chassis, and there is another matching fan found in the back of the CMT210. Optional cooling can be had on the front of this chassis, as there is room for a trio of 120mm fans, or optionally, a pair of 140mm fans. The front of the chassis is also where the bulk of the water cooling support is housed. You could also hang a single 120mm radiator in the back of the chassis, but the top and the bottom of the chassis offer no fan placement locations at all.
What we are finding is that FSP is not just breaking into the chassis market with the CMT210 chassis, they are doing it with a reasonable price point as well. What that means is that even if you do not tend to spend much on a chassis, this still fits in your wheelhouse. The CMT210 also lends itself to be a solid choice for builders who want a decent feature set, but more or less just need a box which can easily house the goods needed to build a gaming or office system. As we look, we see that both Newegg and Amazon are offering this chassis at the same exact price, and we find it to be listed at just $59.99. So far, it seems that not only did FSP think out the design, but they are also very aware of the market, and what it takes to stand out above the rest in the huge market that is mid-tower cases.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair H80i GT (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
- Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP. Extreme Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SuperSpeed 128GB SSD
- Power Supply: SilverStone SST-ST85F-G (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [FSP CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the CMT210]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner