The RT-AC68U is likely one of the best-selling ASUS routers of all time. It has undergone many hardware revisions over the years, but perhaps the largest is the latest, which sees it taking on the RT-AC1900 model name, with a few revisions itself. The RT-AC1900p we have in house is a Best Buy exclusive just as the RT-AC68P was.
While each of these solutions fit into the AC1900 class with a capable 600Mbps 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps 5GHz band, on the hardware side, there are small differences that should show a discernable performance edge for the 1900p.
To start, ASUS has doubled the amount of flash to 256MB. Memory sits at 256MB as well while the CPU was swapped from the BCM4708 to the BCM4709 with an uptick in clock speed from 1GHz in all previous models to 1.4GHz in the 1900p.
Power amps on the 5GHz band were changed from SkyWorks 5023L to 5003L1 while additional shielding was added to the USB 3.0 which should aid in improved performance for storage. Let's see how it does.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Online mirrors GTA Online, has story co-op and PVP
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement