Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. When evaluating ATTO performance we focus on the drive's performance curve.
The M8PeY meets or exceeds factory sequential specifications on both platforms. The Intel platform has a major advantage at 4K write transfers. Both platforms exhibit the same drop in performance at 48 and 64MB transfers.
Graphing the performance curve shows the commanding lead that the Intel has over AMD's Ryzen platform. Comparing performance to the rest of the SSDs in our test pool shows the M8PeY is outperformed by all but Intel's 600p.
The M8PeY performs similarly on both platforms when reading sequential data. This time the M8PeY outperforms both of the Intel SSDs that we included in our test pool. The M8PeY delivers a higher sequential read speed than Samsung's 950 Pro, however, the 950 Pro has a much better performance curve.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16. When evaluating performance with Anvils, we focus on total score. When evaluating NVMe SSDs we are typically looking for a minimum total score of over 10K.
The M8PeY can't hit 10K on either platform. It comes close on our Intel platform, but falls way short on our Ryzen platform. Most of the scoring difference between the platforms stems from Ryzen's inferior random write performance. In terms of overall score, the M8PeY is able to outscore the 950 Pro, and Intel's 600p.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
With our Intel platform, we are able to attain 168K random read IOPS at QD32. With our AMD Ryzen platform, we are able to attain 166K random read IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
The M8PeY performs similarly on both of our testing platforms. The Intel platform maintains a slight performance advantage at lower queue depths. All of the competing drives in our test pool, with the exception of the Intel 600p, are delivering better performance.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
With our Intel platform, we are able to attain 186K random write IOPS at QD32. With our AMD Ryzen platform, we are able to attain 189K random write IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
At queue depths below 32, the M8PeY as expected performs significantly better on our Intel platform. Random write performance on Ryzen platforms is where the greatest performance disparity in comparison to Intel platforms will manifest itself throughout our testing.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- Dragon Ball Legends mobile game revealed
- Division and Hitman devs form new studio Sharkmob
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit