Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. When evaluating ATTO performance we focus on the drive's performance curve.
The M8PeY meets or exceeds factory sequential specifications on both platforms. The Intel platform has a major advantage at 4K write transfers. Both platforms exhibit the same drop in performance at 48 and 64MB transfers.
Graphing the performance curve shows the commanding lead that the Intel has over AMD's Ryzen platform. Comparing performance to the rest of the SSDs in our test pool shows the M8PeY is outperformed by all but Intel's 600p.
The M8PeY performs similarly on both platforms when reading sequential data. This time the M8PeY outperforms both of the Intel SSDs that we included in our test pool. The M8PeY delivers a higher sequential read speed than Samsung's 950 Pro, however, the 950 Pro has a much better performance curve.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16. When evaluating performance with Anvils, we focus on total score. When evaluating NVMe SSDs we are typically looking for a minimum total score of over 10K.
The M8PeY can't hit 10K on either platform. It comes close on our Intel platform, but falls way short on our Ryzen platform. Most of the scoring difference between the platforms stems from Ryzen's inferior random write performance. In terms of overall score, the M8PeY is able to outscore the 950 Pro, and Intel's 600p.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
With our Intel platform, we are able to attain 168K random read IOPS at QD32. With our AMD Ryzen platform, we are able to attain 166K random read IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
The M8PeY performs similarly on both of our testing platforms. The Intel platform maintains a slight performance advantage at lower queue depths. All of the competing drives in our test pool, with the exception of the Intel 600p, are delivering better performance.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
With our Intel platform, we are able to attain 186K random write IOPS at QD32. With our AMD Ryzen platform, we are able to attain 189K random write IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
At queue depths below 32, the M8PeY as expected performs significantly better on our Intel platform. Random write performance on Ryzen platforms is where the greatest performance disparity in comparison to Intel platforms will manifest itself throughout our testing.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Plextor M8PeY M.2 with AIC NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs Legion has MILLIONs of playable characters
- New Avengers gameplay looks DAMN good, why wasn't it shown before?
- Microsoft add long list of new games to Xbox Games Pass
- Scientists on brink of making & commercializing pollution free energy
- HBO announce intense VR 'Westworld Awakening' game, August 20 debut
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director