Towards the middle to end of January, I was contacted about Velop, Linksys' entry into the Mesh Wi-Fi space, a week or so later it was in house, and I set it up to begin testing.
Velop, like many Mesh systems, allows for expandability. You can start with a single unit and add on as you grow or your home grows. The technology inside Velop allows each node to essentially be an AC200 Router, Extender, Access Point and Wireless Bridge all wrapped into one package.
This starts with the base of the platform, a 716MHz quad-core processor. Onboard storage for the firmware sits around 4GB with 512MB of DDR3, and each node houses six antennas along with a Bluetooth 4.0 radio. Velop is an AC2200 class solution, meaning we have a 400 Mbps 2.4GHz radio and two 867 Mbps 5GHz radios.
The actual specification sheet given by Linksys doesn't make mention of any of the details of the wireless network. Instead, not to confuse any potential buyers, we have the model number followed by switch ports speed up to 1000Mbps, two listed radio frequencies and the number of internal antennas. Each unit does have a power and reset button along with an RGB LED that helps with placement and setup.
The MSRP of the Linksys Velop three node kit comes in at $499.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys Velop Mesh Whole Home Wireless System for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys Velop Mesh Whole Home Wireless System retails for $500 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys Velop Mesh Whole Home Wireless System retails for £500 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Benchmark Throughput Tests]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sessions & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold, new release date not announced
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V