With mobile throughput, I run testing through an iPhone 7 Plus and Mi Note Pro to see performance with mobile devices. Throughput is tested with the router in is default state from the factory.
The iPhone 7 has the latest wireless chipset so it no surprise we are getting higher throughput with it. However, the MiNote Pro is basically a clone of the Galaxy S7, so it's no slouch either.
5GHz mobile throughput reached 488 Mbps with the iPhone 7 Plus, while the Note Pro touched 332 Mbps.
Our next test for this new setup sees how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10 feet and move out to 30 feet, after we reach the end we move to a location again at 30 feet but with two walls between us and the router. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part; the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
Starting off this test, the X10 gives us 99 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. As we move away, performance drops only slightly out to 30 feet. Two walls net us 82 Mbps.
Moving over to 5GHz, we started at 544 Mbps. The X10 held onto this through 20 feet and dropped off to 505 Mbps at 30 feet. The two walls hit the 5GHz performance, dropping it to 341 Mbps.
Storage testing on the X10 was done using its SFP+ 10Gbe connection to an Intel X520 NIC in our test system. I wanted to see if there was performance left past the 1Gbe barrier, and judging by the results, the X10 is quite capable.
As you can see with our SanDisk Extreme Pro USB flash drive, I reached 186 MB/s read with the 100M file and 185 MB/s with the 1G file.
Write performance was even better reaching 205 MB/s with the 1G file and 146 MB/s with the 100M file.
PRICING: You can find the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router retails for $449 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router retails for £490 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz