Inside the G213 Prodigy
After some disassembly, we can look inside of the top half of the keyboard. This is where we find that all of the key caps are locked into the frame, and use stems that we have seen on mechanical keyboard offerings in the past. We also noted at this point that the wrist rest is removable, and one could make a new cover with the aid of a 3D printer.
The lower half of the keyboard looks like any other rubber dome keyboard we have seen. There is a PCB near the back with LEDs for the locks, a white plastic plate which carries the key LEDs across the keyboard, and there is the main PCB near the front that is the logic board.
The G213 does differ from many keyboards in the way the switches are activated. Rather than a metal pad on the bottom of each rubber dome making contact, the G213 uses a pair of trace layers, and the rubber tips force these to make contact with each other.
Even though the G213 Prodigy does not have a ton going on with its feature set, the software does allow for quite a bit of changing and whatnot. This is why Logitech employed the 32-bit ARM STM32L100 R8TG MCU to control this keyboard as well as offering onboard storage to save changes and various profiles.
We chose to show the G213 in Logitech blue coloring. There are quite a few preset color options to be used via the light button along the top, even a wave mode of color changing LEDs. If you download and install the software, you can customize the colors or set modes to use.
PRICING: You can find the Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for £60 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the G213 Prodigy]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions