Almost every major motherboard vendor has brought out their A-Game with the Intel Z270 chipset, and ASRock is no exception to this trend.
Today I will look at one of ASRock's more mainstream and affordable mid-range enthusiast products, the Z270 Extreme4. While the Z270 Extreme4's aesthetic design is a departure from the Z170 Extreme4's design, hardware and feature wise, they are very similar. ASRock has made minor tweaks to hardware, such as upgrading their audio section and adding an M.2 slot.
The Z270 Extreme4 has a unique PCB silk screen that plays right into heat sink design. Together with the PCH heat sink, the silkscreen creates a large white "X" that spreads across the motherboard. I assume the "X" is for ASRock's Extreme series of motherboards, indicating that the product is built for enthusiasts.
Apart from these aesthetic improvements to the Extreme4, I will now explore the other major changes the new Z270 Extreme4 brings to the table.
Compared to its predecessor, the Z270 Extreme4 has an extra M.2 slot, an M.2 slot for Wi-Fi, and improved audio system, AURA brand RGB header and onboard RGBs, improved connectors, and a new water cooling pump header.
The Z270 Extreme4's price is $149.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]