Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy. Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at QD4. With this version of CDM, we are focused on 4K random performance at QD1 and QD4.
The SU800 delivers superior sequential performance, but that's not what we focus on with CDM. When we turn our attention to random performance at QD1, the SU800 does quite well except when compared with Samsung's 750 EVO. When we directly compare the SU800 to Crucial's MX300, we see that the SU800 has a distinct advantage at low queue depths.
The SU800 delivers the goods where it matters most; QD1. It also displays exceptional random write performance at QD4 which is what we are looking for from a good OS disk. When we directly compare the SU800 to Crucial's MX300, we see that the SU800's SLC caching delivers better overall burst write performance.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. We focus on total score when evaluating AS SSD.
AS SSD is a demanding test. With AS SSD we are looking for a minimum score of 1000 from a TLC SSD. The SU800 gives us what we are looking for at the 256GB and 512GB capacity points. The 128GB model takes a big hit on the read portion of the test where the drive's SLC cache has little to no effect on performance, causing it to deliver an inferior score.
PRICING: You can find the ADATA Ultimate SU800 512GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ADATA Ultimate SU800 SATA III SSD retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ADATA Ultimate SU800 SATA III SSD retails for £133 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit