Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy. Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at QD4. With this version of CDM, we are focused on 4K random performance at QD1 and QD4.
The SU800 delivers superior sequential performance, but that's not what we focus on with CDM. When we turn our attention to random performance at QD1, the SU800 does quite well except when compared with Samsung's 750 EVO. When we directly compare the SU800 to Crucial's MX300, we see that the SU800 has a distinct advantage at low queue depths.
The SU800 delivers the goods where it matters most; QD1. It also displays exceptional random write performance at QD4 which is what we are looking for from a good OS disk. When we directly compare the SU800 to Crucial's MX300, we see that the SU800's SLC caching delivers better overall burst write performance.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. We focus on total score when evaluating AS SSD.
AS SSD is a demanding test. With AS SSD we are looking for a minimum score of 1000 from a TLC SSD. The SU800 gives us what we are looking for at the 256GB and 512GB capacity points. The 128GB model takes a big hit on the read portion of the test where the drive's SLC cache has little to no effect on performance, causing it to deliver an inferior score.
PRICING: You can find the ADATA Ultimate SU800 512GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ADATA Ultimate SU800 SATA III SSD retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ADATA Ultimate SU800 SATA III SSD retails for £133 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!