ATI's Radeon X800XL is one of best value for money graphics cards floating around at the moment. With its implementation of 16 pipelines, GDDR-3 onboard memory and what would be considered quite a low price tag for a card of this caliber - it makes an absolute winning combination. Thanks to it being available in both AGP and PCI E, users of older systems also get the chance to play with the X800XL.
ATI and nVidia both announced their line up of 512MB cards a while back but with the GeForce 7800 GTX being released recently, nobody is looking at the 512MB 6800 Ultra's and most people interested in the 512MB ATI variants are waiting to see what the R520 brings when it is released later this year.
Not everyone though is going to be in the position to buy a 512MB R520 and if the current price of the 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultra is used as a guide, the new high-end variants with 512MB are going to be out of reach for most people. This is where the 512MB X800XL comes in, it gives you the excellent performance of the X800XL series along with the 512MB needed to run those games just how you want them which is at a high resolution with all the settings turned up.
Read on and we'll take a look at GeCube's implementation of the X800XL 512MB and then we'll compare it against a 256MB version to see the difference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 2 [The Package]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 3 [The Card]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!