ATI's Radeon X800XL is one of best value for money graphics cards floating around at the moment. With its implementation of 16 pipelines, GDDR-3 onboard memory and what would be considered quite a low price tag for a card of this caliber - it makes an absolute winning combination. Thanks to it being available in both AGP and PCI E, users of older systems also get the chance to play with the X800XL.
ATI and nVidia both announced their line up of 512MB cards a while back but with the GeForce 7800 GTX being released recently, nobody is looking at the 512MB 6800 Ultra's and most people interested in the 512MB ATI variants are waiting to see what the R520 brings when it is released later this year.
Not everyone though is going to be in the position to buy a 512MB R520 and if the current price of the 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultra is used as a guide, the new high-end variants with 512MB are going to be out of reach for most people. This is where the 512MB X800XL comes in, it gives you the excellent performance of the X800XL series along with the 512MB needed to run those games just how you want them which is at a high resolution with all the settings turned up.
Read on and we'll take a look at GeCube's implementation of the X800XL 512MB and then we'll compare it against a 256MB version to see the difference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 2 [The Package]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 3 [The Card]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit