All in all, Battlefield 1's War Stories are an excellent series of missions, and stand strong as a competent single-player campaign.
Everything about the campaign reflects quality, from the in-game graphics and lighting to the animations, sound effects, and facial expressions; everything feels realistic and visceral, adding to a heart-pumping experience filled with chaos and mayhem.
The frame rates were also quite superlative, and I didn't receive any real frame drops. There were some ugly texture pop-ins here and there, and some glitches, but I didn't encounter anything game-breaking or crazy.
Now there were some hiccups here and there, and War Stories does have its problems. The checkpoint system is rather bad, and you'll have to reach an actual auto-save point before your progress is saved. I've gone half-way through a daunting segment and died, only have to repeat it once again.
Another rather disappointing feature was that the War Stories are only told through the eyes of the Allied Forces, not the Central Powers. I think it'd be interesting to put a spin on this, and maybe DICE will release more campaign missions over time.
War Stories offers about 5-8 hours or so of gameplay on Normal, and even more if you play it on Hard and/or try to get all the challenges.
DICE is at the top of their game in every aspect of Battlefield 1, and it's great to see the series return to its chaotic roots and take the franchise in a new direction.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Visuals and Graphics||90%|
|Value for Money||80%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: Battlefield 1's War Stories is a fantastic single-player campaign that's filled to the brim with authentic visceral action and amazing visuals. Don't buy the game just for the campaign, but definitely take a break from multiplayer to try it out.
PRICING: You can find Battlefield 1 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Battlefield 1 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Battlefield 1 retails for £40 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Through Mud and Blood]
- Page 3 [Friends in High Places]
- Page 4 [Avanti Savoia!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada