The Intel C232 chipset is a mid-range workstation-class platform controller hub aimed at business and workstation users who want to use an Intel Skylake based Xeon CPU. Along with Intel's 6th Generation Core lineup comes the Intel Xeon E3-1200 v5 family of processors, which are just Xeon variants of their Core counterparts. The benefit to using a Xeon, over the fact that they should last longer, is that they offer ECC and vPro support. These reasons make the Xeon more preferable in critical workstation and business scenarios, where memory errors cause problems and secure remote access is important.
The X150M-PRO ECC is one of GIGABYTE's C232 chipset-based motherboards. It does carry the desert camouflage theme, which shouldn't matter much, considering workstation users might not care much about aesthetics. The motherboard does bring the basic feature-set that comes with the C232 chipset and offers full Xeon and ECC memory support.
Let's take a look at this little workstation motherboard.
The GIGABYTE X150M-Pro ECC supports E3-1200 v5 series processors, four DIMMs of ECC memory, 1Gbit Intel NIC, 2-Way CrossFireX technology, M.2, SATA Express, 6x SATA 6Gb/s, and 6x USB 3.0 ports just to name a few of the features.
The X150M-PRO ECC is available from many large retailers for roughly $139.99.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard retails for $119 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard retails for £87 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz