OCZ VX500 256GB, 512GB & 1TB SATA III SSDs
The retail packaging features an image of the enclosed SSD on the front of the box. The front of the attractive packaging advertises the enclosed drive's capacity.
The rear of the packaging advertises the drive's five-year warranty, form factor, interface, and included software.
Inside the packaging is the drive itself, printed installer guide, and Acronis key.
The top of the drive's natural colored aluminum enclosure features an OCZ factory label. The top half of the enclosure attached to the lower half with four small screws.
The bottom of the enclosure features a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
The underside of the top of the enclosure has a Mylar type barrier which keeps the PCB from directly contacting the top of the aluminum enclosure. The PCB attaches to the bottom half of the enclosure with four small screws.
Going left to right, we have the 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB boards. The NAND packages and controller have thermal pads attached to them. The 256GB and 512GB drives are DRAM-less, the 1TB is equipped with a 256MB DDR3 1600MHz Micron DRAM package.
The drive's Toshiba SSD controller is very hard to photograph. This is the best we could do.
One of the 15nm Toshiba flash packages that populate the boards.
A detailed view of the 256MB DRAM cache package on the 1TB model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obsidian's The Outer Worlds won't have microtransactions
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC