Inside the GX505 Window SC
The front bezel is removable, and while the front I/O wiring is not connected, there is a small lead to lower the LEDs lights you need to be aware of. In the front bezel, you can unscrew the lower section to remove the filter to clean it, and on the front of the chassis, there is a pair of 120mm fan mounting locations.
Glancing inside of the chassis for the first time, we find the hardware box placed into the bottom of the HDD rack, and the wiring has been tied together and run through the motherboard tray. There is no way for these to get loose and cause any damage while in transit.
While there are three 5.25" bays, only two are designed to work with 5.25" drives. The lowest one has rails punched out of the floor of the cage, which allows for the installation of a 2.5" drive here as well.
There is a gap between the ODD rack and the HDD rack, and this is how they rate it for 380mm of video card space. The HDD rack is riveted to the floor of the chassis, and will support four 3.5" drives with supplied rails, and also a 2.5" drive can go on the top of the rack.
Removing the larger section on the top of the GX505 shows us the first two 120mm fans supplied in the GX505. Since there is not much room above the motherboard inside of the chassis, it makes more sense to raise the fans into the top of the chassis, to limit any compatibility issues.
In this photo, it is easy to see how high the motherboard rides inside of the GX505. There are three holes in the top section to route wiring, there is a large cut-out for access to the coolers back plate, and nine places to tie wiring down.
Of course, the PSU sits in the back of the chassis on the floor, but there is an optional drive location in front of it as well. In the lower part of the motherboard tray, there is a larger hole to go behind the tray, and a smaller one forward of it, to aid in wiring the drive bays.
The third 120mm fan is located in the back of the GX505, and while all of the fans are 3-pin powered, they are all prewired to the fan controller too. The expansion slots are break-away style with no way to reuse them, and screws from the hardware are used to secure cards here.
There is not much room behind the tray for wiring, maybe 5mm at the most. It is up to the door panel to offer what room Antec affords to wire the build. From Antec, we find a rat's nest of wiring that is from the front I/O panel, as well as all the leads from the fan controller.
In that mess of wiring, we found a pair of 4-pin Molex connections, one to power the fan controller, the other to power the front LEDs. There is a spare channel for the fan controller, there are the button and LED wiring, and we also find the USB 3.0 and HD Audio connections, all of which is black to help hide it.
PRICING: You can find the Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £46 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the GX505 Window SC]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit