Now things are getting good.
Broadwell-E uses the same FIVR as its Haswell-E predecessors, and both types of CPUs are supported on this motherboard. On this motherboard, ASUS is providing the FIVR with an 8-phase VRM, and some of the extra pins in the socket are also powered through other converters found elsewhere on the motherboard.
The capacitors are "gunmetal" color 5K "MIL" standard solid polymers, and I am unsure of the inductors, but I would assume they are rated anywhere from 30-50A+, but I am unsure of their exact saturation current. The metal fins on the inductors would hint that they could take advantage of active airflow.
Like in the past, ASUS's PWM is some unmarked PWM; it's labeled "ASP1257". I assume it is an 8-phase digital PWM from International Rectifier. I could not find the datasheet for the power blocks, but they are Infineon BSG0812NDI. Datasheets for the BSG0810NDI, BSG0811NDI, and BSG0813NDI are available from Infineon's website, and the 0810 has the lowest RDS(ON) and the 0813 has the highest, but all of them are rated 50A so I would assume the 0812 is as too, with an RDS(ON) in between those of the 0811 and 0813. Either way, 50A per phase sounds about right for a motherboard in this price range from ASUS.
Since these power blocks are not fully integrated power stages, they require external drivers. ASUS is using eight IR3535 single phase drivers, which reinforces our assumption that the PWM is also from International Rectifier. The drivers are located on the backside of the motherboard and are cooled by a dedicated heat sink.
Both sets of four DIMMs has an identical memory VRM setup. The main DDR4 voltage rail is supplied by two Texas Instruments CSD97374Q4M, high-frequency NexFETs, which have very high efficiency at 15A, continuous 25A output, and peak 60A output. They are controlled by an unknown ASP1250 PWM. The VPP rails are provided by GStek GS9238 single buck converters capable of 8A output.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $361 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £266 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit