Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at an impressive 2,697/1644 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity.
Zotac's Sonix runs away with this test, because of the way it handles ATTO's compressible data. The XG3 is able to deliver the second highest sequential write rate.
The XG3 displays a much better performance curve than the Intel drives. We observe a momentary lapse in performance at 32-64KB transfers. This is likely because we just finished filling the SSD with data before running this test. The Samsung drive's display better small-file performance up to 512KB.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall scoring, the XG3 is able to best Samsung's competing solutions as well as Intel's 750 Series 400GB U.2 SSD. This lends credence to our original assumption that the XG3 might be capable of battling it out with the SM951 for the best performing OEM consumer SSD crown.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The XG3 slightly outperforms the Intel 750's up to QD16 (consumer queue depth). The Samsung drives display the best performance up to QD32.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Intel's 1.2 TB 750 easily wins this test. The Samsung SSDs max out at QD2-4. At QD4 and above, the XG3 outperforms all but the 1.2TB Intel 750.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions