Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
For the stock run, we do limit the fan speed on all coolers and take the PWM curve out of the mix. Here we found the NH-D15S performed identical to the NH-D15 with a 49.5 degree result. Considering that it takes a TEC assist or some sort of water cooling to better that result for some products, we can all agree that is really good.
When the overclock is then applied, we see the NH-D15S falter, but just ever so slightly. Of course, more fans on the cooler should improve on thermal results, but coming in less than a degree away from the D15 at 70.25 degrees is again very good for a dual tower cooler with only a single fan to cool it.
Noise Level Results
While controlling the voltage for the stock run, we found the NF-A15 PWM to be spinning at 1020RPM, and at this time we found it inaudible, but the meter was showing us 24dB. Here there is no way to take away from chart topping performance.
It's not quite the best when it comes to fan noise with it spinning at 12 volts. Here we saw a maximum speed of 1520RPM, and from a foot away from the back of the cooler, we were reading 33dB at this time. It's slightly better than the original, but remember there is one less fan chopping the air as well.
PRICING: You can find the Noctua NH-D15S for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-D15S retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-D15S retails for £83 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series